Friday, December 23, 2011

JOB-O-LA and Man Trouble

Yes, I still have my JOB JOB JOB that began in the midst of a Blizzard those first flush weeks of February, 2011. Ha! I feel Extremely Lucky. Next year I am devoting myself to becoming a better person and by giving back to The World, in addition to a Whole Slew of Other Great Things, such as writing and publishing my novel.

But Which Novel to Focus On? Oh Lourdy, who knows. I began the one about the Lonely Girl who works for a Bank and who has a Deep Crush on a Co-Worker and who Suddenly gets Kidnapped by Aliens. I like that one.

And The Other Novel I could Focus On: The Fucking Princess Handbook. Lots of my gal pals like that one. It was fun to begin. And even princesses have man trouble - did you know that? I didn't until I began to write it.

Ah yes, Man Trouble. A terrible Zone to be in. And I am in the Midst of my Own Soapy Drama/Opera. What is a good word for Drama and Opera and Man Trouble merged together? DraManOperatta. DraManOp. I will have to work on that one.

The Man I have been with does a number of things wrong. I think today my top five things that he does wrong are, and not necessarily in this order:
1. Neglects me
2. Lets me Engable him (he lets things SLIDE Downhill)
3. Has a Lack of Ambition
4. Has a Bad Temper when it escapes its cage (BEWARE)
5. At the Moment Has No Work Ethic

This might all be the same thing. I am not sure. There's got to be a word for it.

And the most amazing thing that has happened to me this year is my wonderful job. But then something incredible happened at work. They say Timing is Everything. And so it goes: I met this incredible man at work. I have developed a Deep Crush on him. So far, we haven't had to hold any Aliens at Bay trying to rob us and kidnap us, holding up as hostages, but I have managed to get his attention by doing the following (and not necessarily on purpose):

1. Flooding the women's bathroom floor causing Everyone on our floor to notice...this led to three floors' bathrooms being Shut Down. This was actually funny.

2. A string of Fires on my parent's place and having to leave work early one day. No, I did not cause these either.

3. A string of Earthquakes that he teased me about. This was not my fault though, I did not cause these.

4. Doing a great job at work.

I have noticed that this Man at Work that I have a Deep Crush on also quite possibly has a Deep Crush on me. I am not sure how deep it is. How Deep is your Love? I would like to ask him.

I do want to add that I do not cheat or have affairs. I always wait to get rid of the old one before I move on. I recently ended a friendship with a girlfriend who is having an affair with a married man whose wife has cancer. I cannot be close to someone who does this. I do not think it is right. This girlfriend is so selfish that she doesn't even notice that I quit contacting her. She does not even notice that I am strapped inside - tightly and badly - my own nightmare zone of Man Trouble. I would never cheat on my current boyfriend. And I do still love him, but Love Is Complicated. And It Does End. Sometimes badly.

Now I haven't written lately. But I am now. Now I have to Get Rid of the Old Boyfriend and Get It On with the Future New Boyfriend. It's a lot to do on my extravagant To Do List, in addition to writing a bestselling novel.

Wish Me Luck. I need it.

No comments: